Advocacy/Policy Resource Group: IFGH Focal points - David Weakliam, Nadine Ferris France, Ros Tamming
Goal: Advocate to national and international policy makers on priority global health issues
- provide a platform for debate on global health and development by hosting seminars and highlighting issues that bring together field, academic and policy expertise
- advocate for the inclusion of a global health perspective in government and civil society initiatives pertaining to health and welfare
- encourage practitioners to consider health and welfare issues both in Ireland and abroad from a global health perspective
- make connections with other European and southern-based networks involved in global health advocacy
- advocate for greater involvement by Irish organisations and institutions in global health research and education
- promote evidence-based approaches
This 5000 word submission provides a coherent and focused contribution that we hope will support Irish Aid in guiding its development policy in the years to come.
This November provides decision-makers with two opportunities to make decisions which could make a huge difference to development and global health programmes.