Education Resource Group: IFGH Focal Points -Diarmuid O’ Donovan, Noel Murphy
The objectives of the Education Resource Group are to:
- identify and map current teaching and training programmes (undergraduate, post-graduate and short-course) specifying content areas and content on global health in Irish HEIs
- Identify education needs on global health issues on undergraduate and postgraduate courses in health sciences
- make recommendations for future developments in global health teaching and training, including the potential for cross-institutional initiatives
- in consultation with professional accreditation bodies
- develop a national network for global health education that will identify expertise and share curriculum development and teaching across institutions and provide a pool of teaching resources in the area of global healthsupport continuing professional development / education for health professionals in Ireland and other countries to address global health and development related issues .