Just four weeks after the intensification of conflict in Russia, more than 3.6 million people have fled violence in Ukraine. With the massive influx of refugees to countries such as Hungary, Slovakia, Moldova and Poland health needs among the displaced have reached emergency levels.
For those interested in hearing first-hand about the response from those working in the field, you can watch a recording of our event ‘Emergency in Ukraine: Ongoing Humanitarian and Health Response’ that took place on 24th March.
- Immigrant Council of Ireland The Immigrant Council Helpline continues to respond to queries from concerned Ukrainians living in Ireland on issues of family reunification and other immigration matters. The Immigrant Council is also accepting donations to support their free services supporting Ukrainians in Ireland to apply for family reunification for loved ones impacted by the crisis.
Donating goods and supplies for Ukraine and surrounding countries
- Irish Red Cross Red Cross teams are on the ground now in Ukraine and will continue their work to repair vital infrastructure, support health facilities, and help families with life-saving food and hygiene items. Donations can be made at: donate.redcross.ie
- UNICEF United Nations Children’s Fund, is an agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children in Ukraine.
Donations can be made at unicef.ie.
- IOM, UN agency which has been in Ukraine since 1996, is mobilising teams within Ukraine and neighbouring countries to respond to the growing humanitarian needs of people fleeing the country. Donations to the IOM can be made at https://donate.iom.int/
- GOAL is currently responding in Ukraine with teams on the ground working with local partners to provide essential supplies and has launched an emergency appeal to help those in need. Donations can be made to its emergency appeal at: www.goalglobal.org/ukraine/
- UNHCR – the UN refugee agency – has stepped up operations and capacity in Ukraine and neighbouring countries in support of all affected people in the region. Donations can be made to donate.unhcr.org.
- Concern Worldwide has launched a Ukraine crisis appeal to help meet the immediate humanitarian needs of people affected by conflict.
Donations can be made through concern.net.
- Save The Children has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, delivering essential humanitarian aid to children and their families. Your donation to the Ukraine Crisis Relief Fund can help provide children and families with immediate aid, such as food, water, hygiene kits, psychosocial support and cash assistance. Donations can be made here.
- Misean Cara is raising donations to support missionaries on the ground such as the Redemptorists, Salesians, Salvatorians, Oblates and Daughters of Charity who are all providing critically needed shelter, food, and medical care to people and families affected by the war in Ukraine. Donations can be made here.
Together-Razem This Irish-based charity provides support to Polish and Eastern European migrant communities in Ireland and is currently raising funds to support Ukraine and the Ukrainian people. Donations may be given at donorbox.org.
Médecins Sans Frontières, referred to in English as Doctors Without Borders, is setting up emergency response activities in Ukraine and deploying teams in Belarus, Poland, Moldova, Hungary, Romania, Russia and Slovakia. Donations can be be made at msf.ie.
- Plan International Ireland has set up an appeal to support children and families fleeing the war. Plan International is part of the Irish Emergency Alliance’s Ukraine Crisis. Donations can be made here.
Offers of accommodation
If you would like to offer support in the form of accommodation, please visit the Irish Red Cross website and go to their Register of Pledges to fill in some details about your property or space: registerofpledges.redcross.ie
Offers of skills and other forms of assistance
If you have skills to offer to assist Ukrainians coming to Ireland, you can register to pledge your services on the Irish Red Cross website here (scroll to bottom of page): registerofpledges.redcross.ie
The Open Community is a programme that gives people across Ireland the opportunity to come together as community sponsorship groups and welcome resettled refugees to their local communities. Learn more about hosting refugees here: theopencommunity.ie
If you speak Ukrainian and want to help, you can contact the International Protection Accommodation Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Ukraine and how global health organizations are supporting the response, please take a look out our dedicated Crisis in Ukraine web page which includes dashboards, situation reports and other information about the refugee crisis.
- Vaccine Equity
- Get Global – Global Health Talks
- Student Outreach Team
- Get Global Young Professionals Talk Global Health
- Global Health Matters – Live Event Series
- Global Health Matters – IGHN Live Event Series
- An initiative of Irish Global Health Network
- ESTHER Ireland and ESTHER Alliance for Global Health Partnerships
- Global Health Matters – Webinar Series
- IGHN Conferences
- Global Health Conference 2020
- Women in Global Health – Ireland Chapter
- ESTHER Partnerships
- Weekly Webinar Series
- 4th Global Forum on HRH
- Access to Medicines
- Archive Page Weekly COVID Webinars
- Clean Cooking 2019
- Climate Change and Health Conference 2017
- Conference Abstracts
- Conference Materials
- Covid FAQ
- COVID Funding Opportunities
- COVID-19: Gender Resources
- Dashboard and online resources
- ESTHER Alliance
- Events & News
- Funding covid
- Global Health Exchange 2018
- Global Health Exchange 2019
- Global Health symposium 2019
- Health Workforce/HRH
- Homepage Featured
- Homepage recent posts
- IFGH 2011-2012 Conference and Events
- IFGH 2014 Conference
- IFGH Multimedia
- Irish AIDS Day 2017
- Irish News and Feeds
- Key Correspondent Articles
- Key Correspondent News
- Maternal Health
- News & Events
- Our LMIC's Resources for COVID19
- Partner Country News and Feeds
- Past Events
- Recurring events
- Reports & Publications
- Student Outreach Group
- Students Corner
- TRAINING COURSES FOR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS
- Upcoming Events