Climate Change: Implications for Health and the Healthcare System
Climate change: Implications for Health and the Healthcare System.
Date: Thursday, November 18, 2021
Time: 1:00 – 2:30pm Irish Time
Register for the Live Event Here
This event is hosted by: Irish Doctors for the Environment and Irish Global Health
Uniting the World to Tackle Climate Change is the title of the two-week United Nations Climate Change Conference otherwise known as COP 26, which concludes in Glasgow on November 12. In this live event co-hosted by the Irish Doctors for the Environment and the Irish Global Health Network, as we launch the latest annual report of the Lancet Countdown on Health and Climate Change, we reflect on the implications of the climate crisis on health and healthcare systems in the context of the UN conference.
With rising global temperatures and increasing environmental instability, humans are almost certainly facing catastrophic planetary and health effects. It is ever more crucial that the themes of sustainability, climate change and ecological instability are integrated into healthcare systems. What is the role of the healthcare sector as the world prepares pathways to achieve net zero emissions by mid century and limit global warming to 1.5 degrees C? We hear from health professionals who have devoted their work to environmental issues.
Dr Sadhbh Lee, Co Founder of Irish Doctors for the Environment.
- Colin O’Hehir, Head of Climate Change Unit in Department of Health, Ireland.
- Helen Maher, Estates Manager in the HSE Climate Action & Sustainability Office.
- Terry Kemple, Royal College of General Practitioners National Representative for Sustainability, Climate Change and Green Issues.
- Jodi Sherman, Associate Professor of Epidemiology in Environmental Health Sciences at the Yale School of Public Health.
- Vaccine Equity
- Get Global – Global Health Talks
- Student Outreach Team
- Get Global Young Professionals Talk Global Health
- Global Health Matters – Live Event Series
- An initiative of Irish Global Health Network
- ESTHER Ireland and ESTHER Alliance for Global Health Partnerships
- IGHN Conferences
- Global Health Conference 2020
- Women in Global Health – Ireland Chapter
- ESTHER Partnerships
- Weekly Webinar Series
- 4th Global Forum on HRH
- Access to Medicines
- Archive Page Weekly COVID Webinars
- Clean Cooking 2019
- Climate Change and Health Conference 2017
- Conference Abstracts
- Conference Materials
- Covid FAQ
- COVID Funding Opportunities
- COVID-19: Gender Resources
- Dashboard and online resources
- ESTHER Alliance
- Events & News
- Funding covid
- Global Health Exchange 2018
- Global Health Exchange 2019
- Global Health symposium 2019
- Health Workforce/HRH
- Homepage Featured
- Homepage recent posts
- IFGH 2011-2012 Conference and Events
- IFGH 2014 Conference
- IFGH Multimedia
- Irish AIDS Day 2017
- Irish News and Feeds
- Key Correspondent Articles
- Key Correspondent News
- Maternal Health
- News & Events
- Our LMIC's Resources for COVID19
- Partner Country News and Feeds
- Past Events
- Recurring events
- Reports & Publications
- Student Outreach Group
- Students Corner
- TRAINING COURSES FOR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS
- Upcoming Events