World Hepatitis Day 2011 – Get Involved!
World Hepatitis Day 2011
This 28 July will mark the first ever WHO sponsored World Hepatitis Day. Previ– ously, the Day was marked by civil society groups. Last year, concerned by the growing importance of hepatitis, the World Health Assembly adopted a resolution on viral hepatitis. This resolution recognizes World Hepatitis Day which will aim to draw worldwide attention to the need to be aware of hepatitis, and to confront it by engaging governments, international organizations, businesses, civil society and individuals in a shared advocacy effort. Our goal is to provide an opportunity for education and greater understanding of viral hepatitis as a global public health problem, and to stimulate and strengthen effective preventive and control measures.
• To save lives and protect health by raising awareness and understanding among the general public about hepatitis.
• To stimulate more cooperation in communities, across governments and across nations for sustained action against hepatitis.
• To generate a sense of urgency among all stakeholders to prioritize action.
ï‚´ Expected outcomes
• Increased understanding of what drives hepatitis and what can be done to prevent it.
• Governments take the lead in developing and implementing policies to prevent the spread of hepatitis.
• Other stakeholders engaged to take action and confront hepatitis.
• Commitment built for effective policies and practices and their implementation to confront hepatitis.
ï‚´ Target audiences
• Government leaders, policy makers and international partners.
• Civil society groups, individuals, patients and their families.
• Health and medical professionals.
• General public.
WHO Director-General's video message
Streaming wmv 00:04:47
World Hepatitis Day video
Streaming wmv 00:02:51
- Vaccine Equity
- Get Global – Global Health Talks
- Student Outreach Team
- Get Global Young Professionals Talk Global Health
- Global Health Matters – Live Event Series
- Global Health Matters – IGHN Live Event Series
- An initiative of Irish Global Health Network
- ESTHER Ireland and ESTHER Alliance for Global Health Partnerships
- Global Health Matters – Webinar Series
- IGHN Conferences
- Global Health Conference 2020
- Women in Global Health – Ireland Chapter
- ESTHER Partnerships
- Weekly Webinar Series
- 4th Global Forum on HRH
- Access to Medicines
- Archive Page Weekly COVID Webinars
- Clean Cooking 2019
- Climate Change and Health Conference 2017
- Conference Abstracts
- Conference Materials
- Covid FAQ
- COVID Funding Opportunities
- COVID-19: Gender Resources
- Dashboard and online resources
- ESTHER Alliance
- Events & News
- Funding covid
- Global Health Exchange 2018
- Global Health Exchange 2019
- Global Health symposium 2019
- Health Workforce/HRH
- Homepage Featured
- Homepage recent posts
- IFGH 2011-2012 Conference and Events
- IFGH 2014 Conference
- IFGH Multimedia
- Irish AIDS Day 2017
- Irish News and Feeds
- Key Correspondent Articles
- Key Correspondent News
- Maternal Health
- News & Events
- Our LMIC's Resources for COVID19
- Partner Country News and Feeds
- Past Events
- Recurring events
- Reports & Publications
- Student Outreach Group
- Students Corner
- TRAINING COURSES FOR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS
- Upcoming Events