International Health and Development Training for Healthcare Workers
Are you interested in working in developing countries? Sign up now to attend the first ‘International Health and Development Training for Healthcare Workers’ course!
The Irish Forum for Global Health, in partnership with the Health Service Executive Global Health Programme and ESTHER Ireland, are pleased to announce a series of training courses supported by Irish Aid. These courses will address aspects of health and the provision of healthcare in resource-poor settings.
The first course, An Introduction to Working in Healthcare in Developing Countries, will be held in Achill Island, from Friday 18 October until Sunday 20 October, 2013. The two-and-a half-day residential workshop offers an exciting opportunity for those interested in working in healthcare in developing countries to learn about the nature of healthcare in resource-poor settings. It also provides the opportunity for participants to share their experiences of working in such settings. The course will be led by experienced trainers from a range of organisations and backgrounds.
At only €120 – which includes accommodation, food and training materials – the course offers an unparalleled opportunity to learn from experienced healthcare and development workers within Ireland.
By the end of the course you will have:
- An understanding of key issues in global health
- Compared aspects of health / health outcomes / health systems in different parts of the world
- Explored cross-cultural issues in health and healthcare
- Examined your own skills and competencies and considered areas for further development
- Questioned and learned from experienced development workers.
Who should attend?
Do you want to work in health-related projects in developing countries? Do you have a general interest in the field of global health? If so, this course is for you. It will provide you with the background and understanding of key concepts in international development and introduce the the essential skills necessary for working in this field.
Spaces are limited, so please apply online NOW by filling out our quick application form. Deadline for applications: 6 September, 2013. We will confirm places by 10 September, 2013. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Draft Timetable: Download it here
CME: To be confirmed
Price: €120 (includes accommodation, food and training materials). In exceptional circumstances further financial support may be considered.
- IGHN Conferences
- Global Health Conference 2020
- ESTHER Partnerships
- Weekly Webinar Series
- 4th Global Forum on HRH
- Access to Medicines
- Archive Page Weekly COVID Webinars
- Clean Cooking 2019
- Climate Change and Health Conference 2017
- Conference Abstracts
- Conference Materials
- Covid FAQ
- COVID Funding Opportunities
- COVID-19: Gender Resources
- Dashboard and online resources
- ESTHER Alliance
- Events & News
- Funding covid
- Global Health Exchange 2018
- Global Health Exchange 2019
- Global Health symposium 2019
- Health Workforce/HRH
- Homepage Featured
- Homepage recent posts
- IFGH 2011-2012 Conference and Events
- IFGH 2014 Conference
- IFGH Multimedia
- Irish AIDS Day 2017
- Irish News and Feeds
- Key Correspondent Articles
- Key Correspondent News
- Maternal Health
- News & Events
- Our LMIC's Resources for COVID19
- Partner Country News and Feeds
- Past Events
- Recurring events
- Reports & Publications
- Student Outreach Group
- Students Corner
- TRAINING COURSES FOR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS
- Upcoming Events