Get ready for the IFGH International Conference 2014!
We’d like to give you a quick reminder of this year’s fast-approaching 2014 IFGH International Conference, in partnership with the Centre for Global Health, Trinity College Dublin, and Concern Worldwide!
This year’s conference will celebrate 10 years of the IFGH and the Centre for Global Health. Abstract reviews are done, and selections have been made for entries to be presented as posters, oral posters, or presentations, and we definitely have some great work to be showcased from health partnerships from around the globe!
There will also be a number of fantastic speakers at the event, including:
- Sisonke Msimang (South Africa): Writer & Activist; Aspen Institute New Voices Fellow
- Noerine Kaleeba (Uganda): Founder of TASO; Vice-Chair of Uganda’s National Health Research Organisation
- Jacky Jones (Ireland): Health Promotion Specialist; Columnist for the Irish Times; Member of the Healthy Ireland Council
- Dominic MacSorley (Ireland): Chief Executive Officer of Concern Worldwide.
- Emanuele Sapienza (Italy/USA): Policy Specialist in Social Inclusion at the UN Development Programme
- And: Eilish McAuliffe (Ireland): Professor of Health Systems at University College Dublin
The conference will also feature the Professor John Kevany Memorial Lecture (to be delivered by Eilish McAuliffe) and the Annual Father Michael Kelly World AIDS Day lecture (which will be delivered by Fr. Kelly himself, and also feature Noerine Kaleeba) – if you missed it, check out our roundup from last year’s WAD event!
The conference programme is now in the stages of being finalised. Parallel sessions will be conducted on each of the two days of the conference, including sessions on Public-Private Partnerships, Partnerships in Humanitarian Situations, and a dedicated session titled “Partnerships Panorama”, focused around Ireland’s own overseas health partnerships programme, ESTHER Ireland. We are also especially pleased to feature a session that will be dedicated to student participation, which will be convened by members of our dynamic Student Outreach Group. Furthermore, there will also be a session covering partnerships making best use of Information and Communications Technology (ICT), which will be a great primer for those wishing to explore this fast-changing area of innovation in global health, as well as the perfect warm-up for those who will also be attending this year’s GETHealth Summit, being held at Dublin Castle on November 13-14th. The IFGH are pleased to announce that we are partners to the GETHealth Summit, and we can’t wait to see what our colleagues at iheed, and the Johns Hopkins Center for Clinical Global Health Education, have in store!
If you haven’t already registered for the 2014 IFGH International Conference, you still have time to avail of the early-bird rates! Please click here to visit the Eventbrite tickets page and book your place now!
Visit the IFGH International Conference 2014 website to get the full lowdown on the event, and also check the conference Facebook page for updates as they happen! If you’re social media-minded, please follow the IFGH on Twitter for updates of all kinds (about global health, of course!), and while you’re there, why not join the conversation about the conference, using the hashtag, #ifghconference2014.
We look forward to seeing you there!
- IGHN Conferences
- Global Health Conference 2020
- ESTHER Partnerships
- Weekly Webinar Series
- 4th Global Forum on HRH
- Access to Medicines
- Archive Page Weekly COVID Webinars
- Clean Cooking 2019
- Climate Change and Health Conference 2017
- Conference Abstracts
- Conference Materials
- Covid FAQ
- COVID Funding Opportunities
- COVID-19: Gender Resources
- Dashboard and online resources
- ESTHER Alliance
- Events & News
- Funding covid
- Global Health Exchange 2018
- Global Health Exchange 2019
- Global Health symposium 2019
- Health Workforce/HRH
- Homepage Featured
- Homepage recent posts
- IFGH 2011-2012 Conference and Events
- IFGH 2014 Conference
- IFGH Multimedia
- Irish AIDS Day 2017
- Irish News and Feeds
- Key Correspondent Articles
- Key Correspondent News
- Maternal Health
- News & Events
- Our LMIC's Resources for COVID19
- Partner Country News and Feeds
- Past Events
- Recurring events
- Reports & Publications
- Student Outreach Group
- Students Corner
- TRAINING COURSES FOR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS
- Upcoming Events