ESTHER Alliance for Global Health Partnerships is a network of Governments and allied organisations promoting institutional health partnerships, within which practicing health professionals work with their peers in other countries.
One of the priority areas of the Alliance is to promote the partnership approach as an effective mode of development cooperation in health. Our work contributes to Sustainable Development Goal 3: Good Health and Wellbeing, and Sustainable Development Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals.
The current members of ESTHER Alliance are:
- ESTHER Germany: coordinated by (GIZ), on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- ESTHER Ireland: implemented by the Irish Global Health Network, on the behalf of Health Service Executive.
- ESTHER Switzerland: coordinated by The Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine of the University of Bern, on behalf of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
- ESTHER Spain: Implemented by The Ministry of Health in Spain
- United Kingdom represented by THET Partnerships for Global Health.
In 2019, the European ESTHER Alliance rebranded to become the ESTHER Alliance for Global Health Partnerships and began the process of developing a new strategic framework for 2021-2025. Under the new strategy, the Alliance will transition into a Knowledge Hub for health partnerships. It will focus on bringing together and disseminating widely the substantial knowledge resources available through member organisations. It will also facilitate sharing of experiences and knowledge from partnership projects working across diverse health and medical areas.
The COVID-19 pandemic has provided the impetus to the Alliance to start developing its new knowledge hub function. Since March 2020, the Alliance has been engaging actively with its stakeholders in collecting and collating COVID-19 knowledge, producing regular newsletters and running a COVID-19 webinar series.
- To find out more about our the ESTHER Alliance and our activities, visit our website: www.esther.eu