The Student Outreach Group (SOG) is composed of students with a passion for global health who are currently studying in a third-level institution in Ireland. Each member represents a university by planning and organising projects or events that relate to global health challenges. The Irish Forum for Global Health supports the SOG by building the students’ capacity in the global health field.
Its aims are:
- To increase awareness of global health topics in Ireland
- To promote global health research in Irish universities
- To hold global health-related events for students and the general public
- To form partnerships with youth organizations in Ireland that share the same goals
- To support students interested in pursuing a career in global health
The SOG holds regular online meetings to coordinate events and advocacy, as well as to discuss the latest developments in global health. All members devote their time to the SOG on a voluntary basis.