March 30, 2020
K4D COVID-19 Health Evidence Summaries – K4D is publishing these daily Health Evidence Summaries to signpost DFID and other UK government departments to the latest relevant evidence and discourse on COVID-19 to inform and support their response.
- Evidence to inform the COVID-19 response: Collection of HPP papers – London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine has made critical articles regarding COVID-19 freely accessible.
- EvidenceAid COVID-19 Collection: Evidence Aid has compiled a list of reliable resources about COVID-19 in addition to multiple translation. There is 4 main categories:
- Clinical Characterisation and Management
- Health System and Services
- Infection Prevention and Control, including Health Care Worker’s Protection
- Public Health Interventions
- Preparing to manage cases of COVID-19 in health facilities in low income countries– HSE has produced a short document focuses on the response of health services and facilities to the expected spread of COVID-19 in sub-Saharan Africa.The document draws on new WHO guidelines and seeks to assist decision makers by highlighting urgent and priority actions.
- GISAID Resources –The GISAID Initiative promotes the international sharing of all influenza virus sequences, related clinical and epidemiological data associated with human viruses, and geographical as well as species-specific data associated with avian and other animal viruses, to help researchers understand how the viruses evolve, spread and potentially become pandemics.
- UNAIDs has produced two infographics: Rights in the time of COVID19: Lessons from HIV for an effective, community-led response.This infographic displays seven key messages that the community-at-large will need to implement to help combat COVID-19 together. The second infographic shows What people living with HIV need to know about HIV and COVID-19. This infographic helps those with HIV prevent and prepare for this viral disease.
- The impact of COVID-19 in informal settlements – are we paying enough attention? – Annie Wilkinson
This OpEd discusses the difficulties of messages of basic hand washing, hygiene techniques and social distancing in countries/areas where water shortages and close living quarters are unavoidable.
- Sign Up to Avaaz’s G:20 push to offer relief to fight Coronavirus in resource-poor settings
- REUTERS NEWS ARTICLE 25/03/2020: World Bank, IMF urge debt relief for poorest countries
- GAVI Board calls for bold engagement to respond to COVID-19
- IGHN Conferences
- Global Health Conference 2020
- ESTHER Partnerships
- Weekly Webinar Series
- 4th Global Forum on HRH
- Access to Medicines
- Archive Page Weekly COVID Webinars
- Clean Cooking 2019
- Climate Change and Health Conference 2017
- Conference Abstracts
- Conference Materials
- Covid FAQ
- COVID Funding Opportunities
- COVID-19: Gender Resources
- Dashboard and online resources
- ESTHER Alliance
- Events & News
- Funding covid
- Global Health Exchange 2018
- Global Health Exchange 2019
- Global Health symposium 2019
- Health Workforce/HRH
- Homepage Featured
- Homepage recent posts
- IFGH 2011-2012 Conference and Events
- IFGH 2014 Conference
- IFGH Multimedia
- Irish AIDS Day 2017
- Irish News and Feeds
- Key Correspondent Articles
- Key Correspondent News
- Maternal Health
- News & Events
- Our LMIC's Resources for COVID19
- Partner Country News and Feeds
- Past Events
- Recurring events
- Reports & Publications
- Student Outreach Group
- Students Corner
- TRAINING COURSES FOR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS
- Upcoming Events
In Memoriam: Professor Father Michael J. Kelly, SJ 1929 –...
Webinar 20: Conversations on COVID-19 – Vaccines: the...
Lancet Countdown on Health and Climate Change Ireland...
The Irish Aid Annual Professor Father Michael Kelly Lecture...